Thursday, February 4, 2010

Germany: Day 4: Classic sprints and other things

So I haven't written in a couple of days and a lot has happened since then. We had our classic sprint races today. Everyone on the "B" team did really well today - got lots of points and big percentages. I was sort of having an off day myself though. I didn't really do as well as I think I could've, but everyone has those kind of days once in a while. I was 12th and advanced to the quarter-finals and was 4th and last in my heat...again. I should've been able to do better than that in a classic sprint. But oh well. The weather was very nice and sunny today, and it was warm.
The flag carrying experience was a lot of fun. They had one person from each team get a flag and carry it through the crowd and get up on the stage with it. Robert and I followed Belarus to lots of cheers and applause from the crowd. Andrea got it on video for me, but here's a picture of us on the stage after all the other countries had joined us.

We aslo got a good team photo today in between the races.

Left to right: back row: Jamie, Robert, me, George, Alexei, Courtney, Andrea
front row: Lou, Sebastian, Charles

Alright, biathlon persuit tomorrow. Gonna be another long day. Better go to bed. Good night from the Black Forest.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good looking team. I can't wait to see the video of you going up there with the flag, I think that it'll be really exciting. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete