Friday, November 27, 2009

Biathlon Camp: Day 1

Today was my first day on snow this season, and boy did it feel weird! I felt a little like Bambi when he was on the ice; my feet just kept on slipping out! All the beginner technical mistakes were back, and there was not a thing I could do about it! I sure hope tomorrow feels more normal.

We got some range time with Celine, the World Cup Team's biathlon coach. She was very happy with all of our progress. We were all shooting faster and missing fewer shots than this summer. The practice definitely paid off! We will see how we perform under pressure in the races this weekend though.

After about three hours on skis and some lunch, we had headshots with Robyn Gear and flu shots with the Paralympic doctor. Apparently, he's got both the H1N1 and the seasonal flu vaccine on hand for us here. Some of us will have sore arms tomorrow. Thankfully, it won't be me as I've already got the H1N1 shot.

We finished off the day with dinner at Andrea's parents' house. Good food and interesting conversation was had by all.

Tomorrow, I finally get to meet my guide for this weekend and ski around the actual course. Canmore is supposed to get snow tonight, and it's supposed to get much cooler, so I think tomorrow we might be getting our first taste of winter.

Good night from Canmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment